Joy In Jesus

Thoughts and Ramblings of a christian stay at home mom..Thoughts about the christian life, Reformed theology, homelife, church life, books, music... etc..!

Monday, October 31, 2005

Amazed again...

Today I am amazed by grace. I should actually qualify that statement.. today I am EXTRA amazed by grace.. I left church yesterday amazed by grace all over again, more in love with my Savior, encouraged by my Lord and refreshed in my faith. As we were singing songs of grace I was reminded of how thorough grace is… I was humbled all over again as my gaze was brought back to the gospel, to the cross. How kind God is to lead us to repentance! I could still be wallowing in my wickedness of sin… I could still be an enemy of God but instead, because of God’s love, mercy and kindness in calling me, I am saved, I am seated at the table of mercy and grace. I deserve death, punishment and the wrath of God and instead, by the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ I receive faith, grace and mercy.  Sometimes that truth hits me so hard that I can’t put my arms around how great it is! The only response to this must be worship, obedience and gratitude! So join me in praising our Lord!

Dear God, there is not enough time in this world, not enough words to express my gratitude for saving me. I thank you God that you know my limitations and love me still! It is by YOUR faithfulness and steadfast love that I stand in grace. I thank you for giving me a renewed vision of how amazing grace is. I ask that you never let me get complacent about it. Help me Lord to always be in awe of your mercy, love and kindness. Help me Lord to grow in the knowledge of your holiness and greatness and let this knowledge be used to grow me and sanctify me. Do not let my head just be filled with knowledge of this great salvation but use it Lord to change my life and reflect the glory of who you are! Lord, I want my words, my thoughts and my actions to reflect this great salvation. Do not leave me Lord to my own efforts, for my greatest efforts lead to my greatest sin! Instead Lord, by your grace help me to cooperate with your work in me, help me to surrender and to desire your will for my life. You are so great Lord God! May you be glorified today! Be magnified oh Lord for you alone are worthy of all glory and honor and praise! You are my greatest treasure!

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love, he predestine us for adoption through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, the praise of glorious grace , with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth. “  Ephesians 1:3-10

1 Comments:

  • At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so humbled by your posting. I pray that I might receive this blessing in church on Sunday and in my every day life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home