Joy In Jesus

Thoughts and Ramblings of a christian stay at home mom..Thoughts about the christian life, Reformed theology, homelife, church life, books, music... etc..!

Friday, October 28, 2005

A Psalm and a Prayer

Psalm 138

I give you thanks, O Lord, with my whole heart;
Before the gods I sing your praise;
I bow down toward your holy temple
And give thanks to your name for your
Steadfast love and your faithfulness,
For you have exalted above all things
Your name and your word.
On the day I called, you answered me;
My strength of soul you increased.
All the kings of the earth shall give you thanks, O Lord,
For they have heard the words of your mouth, and they
Shall sing of the ways of the Lord,
For GREAT is the glory of the Lord.
For though the Lord is high, he regards the lowly,
But the haughty he knows from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
You preserve my life;
You stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies,
And your right hand delivers me.
The Lord WILL fulfill his purpose for me;
Your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever.
Do not forsake the work of your hands.

Dear Lord, May the reading of Your word magnify your name in my heart and mind and life. You alone are deserving of all glory, honor and praise. I do give thanks to your name for it is above all things. Lord Jesus, be my highest treasure. Help me to treasure you above all things; above my life, my health, my family, my friends, my job, my ministry… all these things are gifts from your hand, yet Lord, I want to worship the giver not the gift. Be magnified in my eyes O Lord! Great is your glory! Keep me humble Lord for you regard the lowly. Help me to see others as more important than myself. Do not let pride and selfishness reign in my life. Lord! Be glorified in my life! Thank you that YOU preserve my life as I walk in the midst of trouble. Lord, increase the strength of my soul! God, I thank you for the truth of your Word that you WILL fulfill your purpose. Your Word is good and true. Increase my faith Lord so that I will believe your promises. Thank you Lord for your steadfast love that endures forever. Thank you that you do not forsake the work of your hands. I thank you for your faithfulness. I am in your hands and this is good. What can harm me when you are for me? I praise You Lord! You alone are worthy. Thank you for saving me. Thank you for loving me. I pray now that as I go forth in my day that all my thoughts, words and actions would reflect my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. In Jesus holy and precious name I pray. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home